Portable Document Format (PDF) is one such a simple, workable essential tool in our daily lives, with which we can make brochures, handbooks or full-length publications. The brightest of all things, the sun, has its spots. Though PDF is a final, published version of a document which can preserve all text and image formatting, on the other hand, you cann't open a PDF file in some document-processing programs like Microsoft Word.
Many methods are used in a variety of specific circumstances. Some of them use Adobe Acrobat to convert PDF files, while some of the formatting are likely to be lost. Some of them apply a third-party software to convert PDF files to Word files. Which method to choose is based on your specified requirements.
By the way, you can also convert image (jpg, gif, bmp, tiff, png) or text file to PDF document with iStonsoft Mac PDF Creator for reading with a PDF reader.
Using Adobe Acrobat
1. Open a PDF file in Adobe Acrobat on your computer.
2. Then select "Export" from the drop-down list under the "File" menu (Any images in the PDF will be saved as JPEGs. Some formatting or coding information may be lost in the conversion).
3. Choose "Microsoft Word Document" as the text format. Then click "Settings".
4. There are many options to select, you can specify the layout settings, like "Retain Flowing Text", "Retain Page Layout" and others.
5. After all settings done, click "OK" and click "Save".
6. Now you can open the newly created Word document in Microsoft Word. In Word, select the "Microsoft Office Button" and click "Open" browse to find your document and click "Open".
Using PDF Online
1. Log on to the PDF Online website
2. Click "Choose File", select the PDF files that you want to convert to word format, and select it by double-clicking its icon.
3. Click "Upload and Convert" button.
4. Right-click the "Right-click here" link and save the resulting ZIP archive on your desktop.
5. Double-click the icon of the ZIP archive to open it. Click "Extract" or "Extract All Files" to save the DOC file onto your desktop.
6. Double-click the icon of the converted doc file to open it in Microsoft Word. The contents contained in the original PDF file can now be viewed and edited in Word.
If you do not want to own Adobe Acrobat Professional (which can cost several hundred dollars) or are not satisfied with the job done by Adobe Acrobat. Or if you are not pleased with the job done by free software programs, then you may use a third-party tool like PDF Editor for Mac to convert and edit your PDF into a Word document. You can free download Mac PDF Editor with ease.
Keys: how to open a pdf file in word,change pdf file to word,open pdf in word